‘These inmates have nothing but time on their hands and can’t wait to hear from you,’ the site reads.
So where did you two meet?
I think other countries can sometimes be more fascinated by our methods of meeting people, than we are. We really do seek some creative/questionable outlets to find love connections!! It was on a British news site that I came across this headline:
America’s prettiest prisoners revealed (from the website that lets you date them)
Yep, that sounds about right. Is it wrong that I’m not surprised? Women have been writing love letters through prison pen pal programs for quite some time now (actually getting married to those serving life sentences without chance of parole…)
Kudos to UK’s Mail Online, for highlighting the American online dating resource: Meet-An-Inmate.com
The “website that hopes to bridge the gap between criminals behind bars and the outside world.”
(wait isn’t that why we’re behind bars? Because for a specified amount of time it has been deemed that they should be separated from said outside world…?)
The website is described as listing hundreds of photo personals of inmates looking for love.
The site showcases many ‘fun’ and ‘loving’ people…who’ve just committed a felony or two.
‘Even though these men and women are in prison, it doesn’t mean that they are bad individuals. The majority of these inmates are fun, loving, clever, reliable, sexy and very passionate.’
It’s free to look (I sound like a match.com commercial), and the interested can select the age and gender of their incarcerated possible love match.
“For their part, inmates post a photo (or two), their height, religion, release date, and their Department of Corrections number, among other things, and often exclude the reason they’re in prison.”
- ‘Treat these male and female inmates with some dignity and respect,’ the site says. ‘After all, these individuals are human beings, have feelings, and many of them want to straighten out their lives.’
- One can find a prisoner’s criminal history by searching their Department of Corrections number.
- Users of the site must be 18 years or older and sending money of any kind is not encouraged.
- ‘These men and women are inmates and are usually in prison for good reason. This is meet-an-inmate.com, not meet-a-girl-scout.com,’ the site says.
(In other words, be weary of scammers. Wanting to attract new victims! )
- Most inmates do not have access to email and phone calls are very costly, so snail mail is the only way to hear news behind bars.
Awww, how cute. And how long have you two been together? Well she’ll be paroled in 2 years. We’re very happy. All thanks to meet an inmate.com!
[To bypass having your web browsing history say you actually went to this website, check out Mail Online’s original posting to see a few “featured” inmates.]